Call for Nominations!
The WSRA recognizes people, businesses, programs, and organizations that demonstrate innovation and leadership in the field of waste reduction and recycling in Washington State. Recycler of the Year Recipients are selected by committee and are showcased at the organization’s annual conference. The 2024 conference will be May 14-17 in Vancouver, WA. Award winners are invited to speak at the conference and be celebrated at the conference Gala. Award categories include:
- Recycler of the Year – Business: A company or business whose work has furthered and improved waste prevention and recycling in Washington.
- Recycler of the Year – Public Agency: A public agency that creates programs that effectively increase recycling and waste prevention.
- Recycler of the Year – Non-profit: A non-profit agency that demonstrates significant accomplishments in recycling and waste prevention.
- Recycler of the Year – Education: An educational institution, non-profit, business, or public agency that demonstrates outstanding accomplishments in waste reduction and recycling education and outreach.
- Recycler of the Year – Innovation: A business, individual, non-profit, or public agency that demonstrates exceptional creativity in promoting waste prevention and recycling.
The WSRA also recognizes exceptional individual and long-term contributions to the recycling industry in Washington.
- Recycler of the Year – Individual: An individual whose actions have significantly furthered recycling and waste prevention beyond the normal scope of their responsibilities. This winner of this award is kept secret and announced at the conference. If you are nominating someone for this award you will be expected to present their achievements as part of the surprise announcement.
- Recycling Hall of Fame: An individual who has made outstanding long-term (15-20 year) contributions to recycling in Washington.
WSRA is now accepting nominations for the Recycler of the Year and the WSRA Hall of Fame Awards! The nomination form and instructions can be found here.
Welcome to WSRA
The Washington State Recycling Association is a nonprofit membership organization that has been dedicated to supporting waste reduction, reuse, recycling, and composting in Washington since 1976.
Our members come from all sectors of the industry — collection, processing, manufacturing, vendors, consulting, education and outreach, government, and nonprofits. WSRA provides tools and resources, industry news and trends, educational workshops and conferences, and a large and resourceful network of people and organizations that work together to advance waste reduction practices and policies around the state.
The Benefits of Membership
Being a member of Washington State Recycling Association has many benefits. Some of these include:
- Access to best management practices of increasing recycling in your business or community
- Networking with hundreds of colleagues in one of the most collaborative groups of recycling professionals in the nation
- Promotion of your business via WSRA’s website, weekly digest, press releases, and social media channels