There are a number of groups and organizations in the Pacific Northwest that join WSRA in working on waste reduction and recycling in the state of Washington. Some of these groups include:
- Association of Oregon Recyclers: a nonprofit trade association focused on advancing recycling and waste prevention in Oregon.
- Northwest Product Stewardship Council: coalition of government organizations in Washington and Oregon working with the waste and recycling industry, consumers, manufacturers, and others to connect producers with the costs association with the end-of life management of their products and to provide incentives for reducing waste, increasing recyclability, and reducing the toxicity of products.
- Northwest Earth Institute: provides a framework to talk about our relationship with the planet and to share in discovering new ways to live, work, create, and consume
- Washington Organic Recycling Council: supports–via education, research, and advocacy–public and private efforts to reclaim, reuse, and recycle organic materials, process organic materials in an environmentally and economically sustainable manner, and promote beneficial end uses
- Washington Refuse & Recycling Association: statewide trade association representing Washington’s diverse and multifaceted solid waste handling industry
- Zero Waste Washington: advocates for products designed and produced to be health, safe, and continually recycled and reused
- Container Recycling Institute (CRI): nonprofit organization focused on making North America a global model for the collection and quality recycling of packaging materials
- National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR): trade association focused on promoting the introduction and use of PET packaging; facilitating its recycling; and communicating the attributes of the PET container as an environmentally sustainable package
- National Recycling Coalition (NRC): nonprofit organization focused on the promotion and enhancement of recycling in the United States
- Steel Recycling Institute (SRI): nonprofit trade association with the mission of promoting and sustaining steel can recycling
- US Composting Council: national, nonprofit trade and professional organization promoting the recycling of organic materials through composting
November 1 - 4, 2020
40th Annual Conference